ATTENTION JUNIORS—Now Accepting Applications!
How would you like to have assistance getting a summer internship with a top investment bank, startup/tech firm, consulting firm, government agency or entertainment studio? The UCLA College of Letters & Science is proud to announce that we are now accepting applications for the UCLA College/Sharpe Fellows Internship Program. This program is designed to bring together top employers with our brightest undergraduate students. Successful candidates will benefit from alumni mentorship and help connecting you with a summer internship in an industry of your interest.
Internships are available in a variety of fields. Past College/Sharpe Fellows have interned for top companies including:
TECH/STARTUP: Google, Intuit, Intel, Royal Court, Sony PlayStation
FINANCE: Goldman Sachs, Blackrock, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, PIMCO, Citi
CONSULTING: Bain & Co, ZS Associates, Deloitte Consulting, Mercer
ACCOUNTING: PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, KPMG
BUSINESS: Amgen, Boeing, Proctor & Gamble, Korn Ferry, GE, PepsiCo, Hyundai
GOVERNMENT/NON-PROFIT: CA State Assembly, Genesis LA, Capitol Partners, Congressional Offices
ENTERTAINMENT/CREATIVE: NFL, Disney, Sony, NATPE, Saatchi & Saatchi
1. Ambitious and well-rounded students with a demonstrated interest in securing a summer internship
2. At least a 3.2 cumulative GPA (incoming transfer students are eligible)
3. Available for at least 10 weeks during Summer 2014
1. A competitive advantage when applying to internships as a result of the direct advising and coaching of a distinguished alumni volunteer
2. College/Sharpe Fellows internships provide a paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience and guidance from an industry professional
3. Increased marketability and value to employers for future internships or full-time positions
4. Past participants have gained full-time job offers from their internship employers
Application Requirements and Process:
Eligibility: This program is open to students who will be returning to UCLA for at least one-quarter after their summer internship and expect to graduate between December 2014 and June 2015. Students must also have a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA.
1. Complete the College/Sharpe Fellows application form: http://tinyurl.com/UCLACollegeFellows
2. Apply for the 2014 College/Sharpe Fellows Internship Program position on BruinView. Your name must appear at the top of each document.
1. Submit your 1-page Resume
2. Submit a Cover Letter addressed to the “College Fellows Selection Committee” specifying your background, qualifications, and interest in the College/Sharpe Fellows program
3. Submit a 1-page, double-spaced, personal essay describing “your outside interests and any life experiences that set you apart as one of UCLA’s best
4. Submit a 1-page, double-spaced, essay describing your “professional/career goals”
5. Attend an Interview Coaching Workshop (details will be emailed to you after you submit your application)
Applications are reviewed based on your industry interests. If you are open to multiple industries or are unsure of your internship goals, you must apply by Monday, October 7, 2013. Applications are now open for all industries and must be received by the deadline listed below.
Sharpe Fellows (BruinView Job ID # 839789) – Monday, October 7, 2013 by 5PM
Finance – Business – Consulting – Tech/Startups
College Fellows (BruinView Job ID # 839801) – Friday, November 1, 2013 by 5PM
Government – Non-Profit – Law – Education
College Fellows (BruinView Job ID # 839804) – Wednesday, December 4, 2013 by 5PM
Entertainment – Marketing – Journalism – Creative Arts
For questions or further information, please contact: email@example.com or (310) 825-5242