FastPay is looking for an enthusiastic Sales & Marketing interns to assist the Chief Revenue Officer with all aspects of the business – everything from implementing the overall strategy to researching / testing new ideas. Depending on the number of interns we hire, this position may have a focus on strategy, sales operations and/or marketing. This position will give the right candidate a roadmap to launch a successful business and is a great opportunity for a professional to advance their career in an entrepreneurial environment.
FastPay is an exciting digital media startup providing non-dilutive financing to the rapidly growing online & mobile advertising industry. We’ve developed a proprietary technology platform which makes it possible for us to analyze a company’s business in real time, reducing our risk and therefore our clients’ cost of capital. Our main focus is to give companies working directly with major brands access to capital immediately after an invoice is sent, giving them the flexibility to run their business without raising equity or venture debt. We’ve been featured in Inc., Mashable, The Wall Street Journal’s Venture Wire and the LA Business Journal – with more to come in 2012!
– Assist the Chief Revenue Officer in all areas of the business
– Sales Operations & Strategy
– A/B test sales & marketing tactics to look for improvement opportunities
– Develop leads databases and streamline overall process flow
– Establish rhythm and process around delivering consistent data and metrics across regional sales teams to drive effective decision marking
– Deliver tools and establish processes to manage and measure sales execution
– Work closely with Chief Revenue Officer to assure effective business reporting and target planning
– Work closely with the sales force to manage the sales pipeline and build out the proper heuristics to access the value and analyze the progress of the sales force in winning key categories, verticals and growth opportunities
– Deliver scorecard to track progress of the key initiatives and discuss with the sales team as part of monthly sales review meetings
– Research the ad tech industry and make recommendations on the sales & marketing strategy
– Create market research repository
– Play a key role in helping FastPay hit aggressive user acquisition goals, developing and launching a comprehensive communications strategy, and establishing the metrics and benchmarks to measure success.
– Develops and executes on marketing strategy for FastPay to drive customer and revenue growth.
– Responsible for brand awareness, demand creation, lead generation and budgeting/reporting/analytics.
– Leverages a promotional budget to generate quality signups through search, direct mail, media buys, list buys, partnerships, PR, and other appropriate channels to achieve revenue objectives.
– Champions the marketing message and communicates it convincingly to external audiences.
– Implements ad hoc and automated outreach campaigns (emails, social media messaging, newsletters, etc.) to engage, monetize, and retain leads and customers during their lifecycle using Salesforce.com, our ESP, and other tools/vendors as needed.
– Measures the effectiveness of programs both quantitatively and qualitatively to drive constant improvement and ensure transparency of results.
– Drives deep and productive relationships with search engines, media properties, tool vendors, and others as needed to ensure use of best practices.
– Regularly report on campaign and lifecycle marketing program performance to executives and cross-functional teams.
Preferred Skills – Sales Operations & Strategy Candidates
– Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills
– Ability to extract appropriate business intelligence out of complex and disparate data set
– Understanding of the needs and requirements of the sales and marketing team
– Clear track record as a self-starter and team player
– Ability to work with all levels of management across an array of business and sales roles
– Demonstrated customer focus with excellent follow-up process management
– Preferred candidates will have experience with Sales Automation or CRM Systems
– Excellent academic qualifications.
Preferred Skills – Marketing Candidates
– Experience in dynamic and growing organizations in digital media businesses.
– Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
– Strong marketing skills, including strategic direction setting, campaign conceptualization, communication strategy development and ability to deliver high quality creative feedback.
– Extensive, hands-on knowledge of relevant processes and tools needed to drive:
– Demand Creation: advertising, search, direct mail, PR, etc.
– Lead Generation: Salesforce.com, call center integration
– eCommerce: web development/analytics/ optimization, signup funnels, credit card billing
– Monetization: upsells, cross-sells, usage stimulation, lifecycle engagement
– Budgeting/reporting: customer adds/cancels, costs, revenue, trend/ROI analyses
– A track record of success in achieving sizable customer acquisition, customer retention, cost control, and revenue goals.
– Superior ability to craft effective creative briefs and messaging strategies, distilling essential insights into clear, concise direction.
– Experience working with campaign management and email service provider tools as well as thorough understanding of email performance metrics and benchmarks.
– Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated ability to use data to build marketing plans and make recommendations. Must have a great grasp of numbers – finding the right ones, analyzing and reporting on them, and taking action based on them.
– Excellent academic qualifications.
Please send your resume to: Mike McGlade email@example.com