Summer Accelerator 2021 Application
- Deadline:11:59pm PT, April 4, 2021
- Pitch/Interview Round: April 20-22, 2021 (pitch invites will be sent out week of April 12)
- Notification of Acceptance: Mid-May 2021
- The 2021 Summer Accelerator will be a virtual program beginning on Tuesday, July 6 and ending on Thursday, September 9.
Core Team Responsibilities & Requirements (all events will be virtual on Zoom)
1. Attend Summer Accelerator Orientation to learn more about what to expect during program (date TBD; in June)
2. Attend first day of Summer Accelerator for group team building activity (July 6)
3. Work on your startup full-time (40 hrs/wk) virtually from 7/6 – 9/9
4. Attend all events (usually on Mon/Tues/Wed from 4 – 8 pm) – Weekly Office Hours, Fireside Chats, Skill Workshops, etc.
5. Collaborate with other Summer Accelerator teams through a variety of virtual activities during the program
6. Participate in our Mentor Night event (date TBD; in July)
7. Participate in Demo Day on 9/9
8. Timely communication with the Startup UCLA staff
9. Incorporate feedback from the Startup UCLA staff when required (especially for pitches and pitch decks)
10. Complete weekly goal tracker to be discussed during office hours
11. Mutual transparency — Startup UCLA staff will be open and honest with you and requires the same in return
12. Commit to the highest ethical standards — uphold the True Bruin values
13. Stay involved with Startup UCLA and its alumni network after the Summer Accelerator
1. The team is at least 50% currently enrolled UCLA students (undergraduate or graduate) or recent UCLA alumni (graduated within the last 5 years)
2. The startup is at the product stage. You have either developed the prototype, beta, or launched. Startups that have not yet reached at least the prototype stage will not be considered.
3. Be passionate about your startup and entrepreneurship
4. Willingness to go above and beyond to do great work
5. Superior communication and analytical skills
6. Self-starter/s with a strong desire to succeed and to grow personally and professionally
7. Thrive on receiving feedback, coachable attitude, and work well with others
8. Be collaborative and engaged with other teams in cohort
Perks & Benefits
1. $5,000 stipend per team/no equity taken. (Paid out in August/September contingent on your work and commitment to developing your startup. Stipend is income and taxed at the end of the year.)
2. Meet and hear from top entrepreneurs, investors, and industry experts.
3. Complimentary legal guidance from a premiere law firm, Fenwick
4. $10,000 in Amazon Web Services credits
5. Google Cloud Platform credits dependent on completing application with Google who will determine the credit amount based on business
6. Hubspot credits (TBD)
All applicants must have met or meet with Deanna Evans, Glentrez Thornton, Rachael Parker-Chavez, or Robert Jadon between September 1st, 2020 and April 2nd, 2021 through Blackstone LaunchPad & Techstars program: schedule a meeting here. (We encourage applicants to schedule more than one meeting so that they can begin to implement feedback and execute on ideas developed during those meetings, but only one meeting is required.)
Please do not disclose to Startup UCLA any material that you believe is confidential or proprietary, or for which you expect to receive consideration or compensation in any form. By submitting material to Startup UCLA, you acknowledge that such material is neither confidential nor proprietary, and you waive the right to receive compensation of any kind for the material.
If you have any questions about the application or any of the above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.