Girls Raising is looking for a motivated and talented marketing intern to manage content creation, social media feeds and marketing outreach. This position would allow you to learn about the startup industry and give you exposure to high profile men and women who support our objectives. It will be heavily content and analytically based. You must have a passion for women’s advancement in technology, business and entrepreneurship and be excited about expanding the organization’s reach.This is a role where you will actively contribute to the launch and success of the company. Together, we can go as far as you can help take us and the opportunity has the potential to turn into a paid position.
Girls Raising is a resource community that is focused on helping female founders Start, Build, Launch & Grow. We started are based in New York City and host a series of Presentation events in Toronto, Vancouver, San Francisco and LA. Our Presentations feature up-and-coming female entrepreneurs, Angel investors and VC’s as well as successful founders who have raised large rounds of financing. For more information please visit www.girlsraising.com.
– Email newsletter posts in Mailchimp and social media/marketing outreach to our LA community
– Event management including attendee coordination, setup and general event logistics
– Research and generate posts for our blog and as a guest writer for other relevant blogs where we can get the word out about Girls Raising and our initiatives
– Contribute to social media feeds including Facebook & Twitter accounts.
– Excellent writing skills required
– Excellent Excel capabilities
– Experience using Mailchimp as a newsletter and marketing platform or willingness to learn quickly.
– Data oriented marketer who likes to analyze and improve hit rates and results.
– A strong understanding of social media and blogging
– Organized, enthusiastic, analytical and proactive
Benefits to you
– Measurable results-oriented campaigns and projects that can be highlighted and utilized for future employers
– Networking with industry experts and high value individuals in the investment & startup community across North America
– Experience in a fast paced growth industry
Length: 3 Months October-December (potential to work together in 2015)
Position: Part time, 10-15 hours per week
Pay: TBD based on performance.
Location: Venice Beach and Santa Monica
If interested please email LA Chapter lead Kara@girlsraising.com