Do you want to work at a hot Bay Area startup this summer while also receiving mentorship from the UCLA Venture Capital Fund? This is an amazing opportunity to get first-hand experience in a thriving startup, while also learning from an amazing entrepreneurial network.
The UCLA Venture Capital Fund and the Startup UCLA program are proud to announce the UCLA Venture Capital Fund/Startup UCLA Fellows Program. This program will provide UCLA undergraduate students the opportunity to learn from today’s leading startup companies in the San Francisco Bay Area. Successful candidates will be benefit from Venture Capital Fund’s alumni mentorship along with a paid summer fellows program at a NorCal entrepreneurial company.
– Ambitious and well-rounded students with a demonstrated interest in technology (open to non-technical and technical majors)
– At least a 3.0 cumulative UCLA GPA
– Available to be in the San Francisco Bay Area June 24 – September 6 during Summer 2013
– Mentorship with a UCLA Venture Capital Fund member while working in the San Francisco Bay Area
– UCLA Venture Capital Fund/Startup UCLA Fellows program will provide a paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience and guidance from industry professionals
– Opportunity to receive a living expenses stipend or an opportunity to live with a family in the VC and entrepreneur community
– Increased marketability and value to employers for future internships or full-time positions
Application Requirements and Process:
Eligibility: This program is open to undergraduate students who will be returning to UCLA for at least one-quarter after their summer fellowship and expect to graduate in March or June 2014, or 2015 Students must also have a minimum 3.0 cumulative UCLA GPA.
1. Complete the application form: (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dwk9tIdOCEEbcGKhhDB6TG6iKXGDozaAHGhSdkxrhdg/viewform)
2. Apply for the 2013 UCLA Venture Capital Fund/Startup UCLA Fellows Program position on BruinView (Job ID # 828305)
a. Submit your 1-page Resume
b. Submit a copy of your Degree Progress Report
c. Submit a Cover Letter addressed to the “UCLA Venture Capital Fund/Startup UCLA Fellows Program Selection Committee specifying your background, qualifications, and interest in the Fellowship program.
d. Submit a 1-page, double-spaced, personal essay describing your outside interests and any life experiences that set you apart as one of UCLA’s best
e. Submit a 1-page, double-spaced, essay describing your professional/career goals
Application Deadline: Friday, April 19 by 5:00 PM
For questions or further information, please contact: Deanna Evans at email@example.com