Startup UCLA is hiring one student intern to assist with the 2021 Summer Accelerator, a year-round Blackstone LaunchPad, and a Social Entrepreneurship Summer Institute for high school students. We are seeking a UCLA undergraduate student who is interested in entrepreneurship, marketing/social media, events, and is comfortable working virtually 10-15 hours/wk, Monday-Thursday, from July – September. The ideal candidate will be available to intern during the 2021-2022 academic year.
Duties may include:
• Social media outreach: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
• Creating social media posts, graphics, flyers, posters, event marketing material
• Updating website with event and news content
• Event preparation, execution, and post-event organization
• Documenting events via photos, videos, social media, and text copy (summary, quotes, etc.)
• Other projects as assigned
• Team player and successful independent worker
• Manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
• Great communication skills with public speaking abilities and professional demeanor
• Ability to have some flexibility with schedule
• Ability to work at least 1 evening a week (Tuesday/Wednesday)
• Interested in entrepreneurship, writing, graphics, marketing, and, events
• Photography Photoshop/Illustrator, Canva
• Developed writing abilities
• Graphic design experience (creating social media posts, flyers, posters, event marketing material)
• Familiarity with Google Docs/Drive, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress, and Slack
• Ability to think creatively about ways to raise Startup UCLA’s profile @ UCLA
To apply send your resume, a brief paragraph on why you want to work with Startup UCLA, and your availability this summer to email@example.com with the subject line “Startup UCLA Summer 2021 Intern” ASAP.