Apply to be an intern with Startup UCLA for Fall 2019!
Startup UCLA is hiring 1-2 paid student interns to assist with a year-round Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars program and a Summer Accelerator program. Interns are hired on a quarterly basis with the potential for extension each quarter. We are looking for UCLA undergraduate students who are interested in entrepreneurship, marketing, and events, and are comfortable working in a startup environment. Interns will work approximately 10-15 hours per week. Interns will be expected to be both team players and independent workers, manage multiple projects, and have great communication skills.
Duties may include:
- Social media outreach: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Creating social media posts, flyers, posters, event marketing material
- Updating website with event and news content
- Event preparation, execution, cleanup, and post-event organization
- Documenting events via photos, videos, social media, and text copy (summary, quotes, etc.)
- On-campus brand ambassador (event representative, table events, class talks, etc.)
- Reception desk: greeting/assisting students and visitors when they are entering space, screening and routing calls, and, ensuring reception area/space is tidy and presentable
- Space management: be present at the reception desk during evening student group meetings/events
- Escorting special guests from parking structure to space
- Errands: dropping off and picking up packages
- Other projects as assigned
- Team player and successful independent worker
- Manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Great communication skills with public speaking abilities and professional demeanor
- Ability to have some flexibility with schedule
- Ability to work at least 1 evening a week
- Interested in entrepreneurship, writing, graphics, marketing, and, events
- Photoshop/Illustrator, Canva
- Developed writing abilities
- Graphic design experience (creating social media posts, flyers, posters, event marketing material)
- Familiarity with Google Docs/Drive, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress, and Slack
- Ability to think creatively about ways to raise Startup UCLA’s profile @ UCLA
To apply send your resume, cover letter, and fall quarter class schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Startup UCLA Fall 2019 Intern” by September 25.